Click here to view a copy of the School Uniform list and Dress Code.
The school uniform list can also be found on the SHOP section of the school app.
Please note that our uniform supplier is 4orm in Carrigaline.
Their website can be found by clicking here: SCHOOL UNIFORM SHOP
The Ursuline Secondary School, Blackrock is committed to high expectations of neatness, modesty, cleanliness and respect. To foster such standards, the Dress Code is as follows:
- All students are required to dress neatly and appropriately, to be well groomed and presentable for their age.
- It is important to wear the school uniform well. This means wearing the correct items of school uniform as specified on the uniform list;
- School uniform sweater, blue and white striped blouse, skirt, trousers, jacket are only permitted;
- The school uniform scarf is the only scarf permitted by the school. These can be purchased from the school office for €5;
- Skirts are to be worn at the length indicated by the school;
- Full uniform must be worn when travelling to and from school;
- Hair accessories must be of reasonable size, compatible with school uniform and tasteful. Only natural hair colours are permitted;
- Make-up and facial / body piercings, are strictly forbidden when wearing school uniform;
- To avoid loss or injury to students the wearing of jewellery, artificial nails with the exception of one ring and/or one pair of very small stud earrings, are not permitted in school. In certain subjects, for health and safety reasons, jewellery may not be worn;
- Clothing articles are to be clearly marked with the student’s name;
- Each student is responsible for her own property and is required to have a school bag.
It is important that students adhere to the dress code each day as failure to observe the code is considered a breach of discipline and may lead to self-exclusion from classes.
School Uniform List
- Uniform is supplied by 4orm in Carrigaline (Unit 7, Carrigaline Industrial Estate). Orders can be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 021 4372969 / 0879173234.
- Blue Sweater in school shade with school crest. (Only school uniform sweater permitted)
- Blue and White Striped Blouses (Only school uniform blouses permitted)
- Royal Blue, Pleated Skirt (Only school uniform skirt permitted)
- Grey Tailored Trousers. These can be purchased from Laura’s;
- School Royal Blue Shower-Proof Jacket (Only school uniform jacket permitted)
- Grey or Black Socks or Grey or Black Opaque Tights;
- Dark Leather Shoes only. Boots, canvas shoes, runners or runner style shoes are not to be worn;
- School Scarf – Optional Extra (Available from the school office, €5. Only school uniform scarf permitted)
- White T-Shirt/ Polo shirt with collar;
- School tracksuit (Only school uniform tracksuit permitted)
- Cookery Apron
The stated list of clothing is not exhaustive. The Principal, in conjunction with the school community, may amend the list from time-to-time upon notice to parents.
You are advised to provide any protective equipment that you consider necessary for your daughter’s participation in school games, e.g. shin guards, gum shields, correct footwear, helmets as deemed appropriate etc.
We strongly recommend that all students who cycle to school wear helmets, reflective clothing etc.