Young Scientist Competition
- Young Scientist is 56 years making history in Ireland and Europe.
- In January 2020, BT will celebrate 20 years as proud sponsor and organiser.
- 3,773 students from 374 schools entered projects for the 2019 BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition.
- There are over 140 awards.
- Since 1965, over three quarters of a million people have visited the Young Scientist Exhibition.
A group of 4th Year and 2nd Year students from Ursuline Secondary School travelled to Dublin to the Young Scientist Exhibition on Friday, 11th January, 2019. Kelly Oldham, Michelle Board and Eva McDonnell, 4th Year, entered a research project entitled "An Investigation into the #Me Too Movement" and were supported by their teachers, Ms Claire Hegarty and Mr Bernard Carr. Our new Principal, Mr Patrick Mc Beth also travelled up to support the girls. The girls got great ideas about what is happening in science at the moment and hopefully this will inspire them in the future.